There are many places that you may need the warmth of a propane space heater. They are perfect for camping in the winter in an area that may not allow you to build a fire. Working in your garage or shed through the winter months can be a daunting task without a space heater keeping your feet warm. Wherever you are using a propane space heater, it is important to remember these safety tips.
- If you are going to use a propane heater indoors, make sure that it is manufactured for indoor use. These consume less propane than outdoor space heaters and therefore produce less carbon monoxide.
- If you are using a propane space heater in any enclosed area, even with a door or window open, make sure to have a fully functional carbon monoxide detector. These detectors are designed to alert you to the presence before you start feeling any adverse affects.
- Remember to keep all objects three feet from the heat to prevent any nearby objects from igniting. This is especially true for any curtain, chairs and fabrics.
- Always make sure that the propane heater is on a flat level surface so that there is no danger of it being knocked over.
- When buying fuel for your heater, check the heater's operating manual for the specific fuel type and cylinder size. Never use a fuel that your heater wasn't designed to use.
The experts at Modern Propane want you and your family to stay safe whenever using a propane space heater this winter. If you think that your propane space heater in NJ is out of date or would like a more efficient one, visit our store. Modern Propane stocks a wide variety of propane space heaters in NJ.